One of the best discoveries of this diet experiment (the mango smoothie continues to be my #1!) was zuchinni pasta. I tried to follow Vegan Angela´s recipe for raw vegan alfredo sauce with zucchini noodles but that ended up been a waste of cashews, hopefully due to a lack of a proper food processor and not because I cant properly follow recipes…
Since I already had the zucchinni pasta made (which takes ages but God-its-so-good-all-that-time-is-worth-it) I decided to have a modified version of Vegangela zuchinni pasta using what I had available and hoped for the best. And it worked!!😀
Here are the main ingredients:
- Zuchinni (1 big zuchinni per person shall be enough).
- Garlic gloves
- Chilli flakes
- Tomatoes, cut in half or 1/4 (depending on the size…)
- Olive oil
- Use a fruit peeler to prepare the zucchini pasta (yes, just peel the skin off, discard and then keep on peeling and peeling in order to make the “pasta”)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add garlic, chili flakes and saut for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, saut for another minute.
- Add the zuchinni, a bit of pepper (to taste) and saut all together for another minute.
I promess it´s all worth it!! This is the best no-carbohidrates pasta I have ever had, and I think it might even taste better!
Bon app tout le monde!😉