Based on Dr.Oz Clean Detox Plan Fish Tacos, I came out with this refreshing, filling, guilty free pleasure (from the forgive me diet experiment, of course…). Try them this Easter for a healthy dinner that will WOW everyone.
- a couple drops of olive oil and (only if available) Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 2 halibut filets (or any white fish you find in your local market)
- large leaves dark green lettuce
- chopped spinach
- shredded cabbage (better if mixing green and purple cabbage instead of using just one)
- shredded carrot
- thin sliced onion
Dressing: lemon juice red vinegar salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad and dressing: in a small bowl stir all ingredients together and set aside.
- Tacos: Cook the fish with olive oil and fish sauce, remove from the pan and gently break up into large bits. Top each lettuce leave with a fish portion and salad. If the lettuce leaves are big enough, you can try to wrap them as a burrito; otherwise, just eat them as a hand size.
* Note for not so healthy guests: As you see from the pictures, you can always use half a wrap tortilla underneath the lettuce leave. It tastes equally good. 😀