I´m sorry I didn’t post this before, have been busier enjoying my food than posting about it…! 😀
Here´s the recipe for tuna salad wraps, from the Forgive me- diet experiment.
- Whole-wheat tortilla
- ¼ of a tuna can (water one, of course!)
- ¼ of a sliced avocado
- 3 to 4 slices of tomato
- Spinach leaves, chopped
- Lettuce leaves, chopped
- Lime juice and red wine vinegar
- * Optional: 1 carrot, shredded; and red onion (I know, I can´t get enough onion!)
It´s as simple as possible, just top each tortilla with all ingredients aligning them as it shows in the picture and then squeze lime juice and add a few drops of vinegar on top of your salad. Freshly ground pepper also goes very well with it. Wrap up and enjoy!
Based on Dr.Oz Clean Detox Plan Fish Tacos, I came out with this refreshing, filling, guilty free pleasure (from the forgive me diet experiment, of course…). Try them this Easter for a healthy dinner that will WOW everyone.
- a couple drops of olive oil and (only if available) Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 2 halibut filets (or any white fish you find in your local market)
- large leaves dark green lettuce
- chopped spinach
- shredded cabbage (better if mixing green and purple cabbage instead of using just one)
- shredded carrot
- thin sliced onion
Dressing: lemon juice red vinegar salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad and dressing: in a small bowl stir all ingredients together and set aside.
- Tacos: Cook the fish with olive oil and fish sauce, remove from the pan and gently break up into large bits. Top each lettuce leave with a fish portion and salad. If the lettuce leaves are big enough, you can try to wrap them as a burrito; otherwise, just eat them as a hand size.
* Note for not so healthy guests: As you see from the pictures, you can always use half a wrap tortilla underneath the lettuce leave. It tastes equally good. 😀